14 September 2022
The Weekly
Thailand
‘ALL AT CENTRAL’ Campaign at Central Department Store

The Central Department Store has approved a 15bn baht makeover for its stores. Central Department Stores Co, under Central Retail Corporation, has approved the funding as part of its efforts to expand the retail business from 2023 to 2027. Oliver Bron, CEO, says 80% of the approved funding will go towards renovations of existing department stores. The remaining 20% will go towards IT upgrades and development. Bron says the move to give the stores a facelift is expected to increase sales by 1.7% over the next five years.

Central Department Store is also marking its 75th anniversary by starting the campaign ‘ALL AT CENTRAL.’ That campaign has been approved to spend 500mn baht.  It will be full of surprises, exclusive promotions, and inspiring stories of the connection between Central and all customers. In keeping with its long-standing commitment to social responsibility, the celebration campaign, which will be held both on-site and online, also intends to increase local community involvement. To sustain growth and reaffirm its position as Thailand's No.1 department store, Central operates through six key strategies that include expanding its business with new store openings across Thailand, selecting only the best-in-class products and services, and building seamless online and offline shopping experiences.

The customer traffic at the department stores has increased by 25%, with a 50% surge in customer spending. The CENTRAL APP also enjoys a sale growth of 105% and reaches 5.2mn downloads in the first half of 2022. The retailer also sees continuous growth in its Social Commerce Channels including Chat & Shop, Personal Shopper (Tel. 1425), Facebook Live, and Facebook Inbox. To reach the customers on multiple online and offline platforms and channels, the company is implementing the 360-degree marketing strategy with the aim is to convey the ‘All Good Things Happen at Central’ message.

You are currently offline. Some pages or content may fail to load.

We have cached all the pages you navigated to, including the Homepage, Contact page and Events. You can visit those while offline.