On Friday 17th July, Selfridges opened ‘Market on the Mews’; an open air, local market bringing a rotating edit of food, drink, magazines, plants, flowers, bikes and furniture. Curated with the local community in mind, residents and visitors to the market will have easy access and space to shop everyday items, treats and gifts.
Located just behind the Oxford Street store on Edwards Mews, the market is a first for Selfridges. Visitors will discover a host of yellow stalls where they can grab a coffee, pick up a pastry or a newspaper, choose a bouquet of flowers or find a gift for a friend. In addition to the stalls, there will also be live entertainment throughout the day and activities for kids and families.
The new Market on the Mews offers a convenient open-air weekend shopping experience for customers, with a selection of stalls from some brilliant independent London-based brands. The programme of entertainment including live DJs and street art will entertain customers and add to the joyful atmosphere of the market. For the seven-week duration the market will offer the following stalls, with new pop-ups launching from time to time to offer revisiting customers new brands to explore.
- Assembly Coffee - Fresh coffee-to-go from an award-winning roastery in Brixton
- Hackney Gelato – Gelato made in Hackney in small batches by hand using traditional techniques
- Two Tribes Craft Beer – Inspired by music and art, Two Tribes will be offering award-winning craft beers in their signature reusable beer cans
- Your London Florist - Plants for every occasion and requirement e.g. pet friendly, air purifying or shade loving
- Moyses Stevens – Seasonal bouquets from Selfridges in house florist
- Selfridges Bakery – Baked items such as pretzels, bagels, doughnuts, brownies as well as some deli items, perfect for picnics
- News on the Mews – Magazines and newspapers
- Furniture by The Conran Shop – an edit of small furniture and home accessories from the leading London design brand
The Market on the Mews will be open every Saturday and Sunday from 18th July – 30th August, 9am – 4pm.